Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Knights Templar Summer School's Blog. Gifted and Talented pupils from primary schools in the area have been given the opportunity to explore their skills in Sport, Performing Arts and Media. Throughout this experience, the children have learnt a variety of skills which have been designed to help them build on their knowlege and prepare them for secondary school.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Sasha Stier

My Summer School Diary:
Saturday ‘my first day at summer school’
I enjoyed my first day at summer school because the games we played were quite fun and Ms Cowan was funny.  We played this game in media where there were two teams and we had to pick a person to go up at the front and there was a picture up behind them and we had to describe the object to them and they had to try and guess what it was without looking behind them.
Sunday

I enjoyed Sunday a little less than Saturday because we just kept repeating the dance when I already knew it but I suppose it was helpful for some people.
Monday
Today we went over some of the dance and learnt a new one about the plague and then we finished Ernie and played some games.
Tuesday
Today we did some work on musicals and we learnt a song from hairspray and a song from Oliver and we acted and danced to the music while singing.
Wednesday
We did a year 11 workshop and we learnt a soldier dance to ‘feeling good’ and I was in a group with a leader called Abby and we had a dance off with the other 2 groups. Unfortunately we didn’t win but I think everyone enjoyed it.
Thursday
On Thursday we did musicals in the morning which was ok but we needed more practise at the Oliver song.
Friday
In the morning we went through all of the drama that we are performing in the showcase and we recorded our ‘when I grow up’ work and then in media we started writing (in groups) newspaper reports.
Saturday
We just rehearsed everything over and over ready for the show on Sunday.
Sunday
Today we were doing run through of the order of thing s we were going to perform in the showcase.
So over all I’ve had an excellent week but I can’t wait to have a lie in!