Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Knights Templar Summer School's Blog. Gifted and Talented pupils from primary schools in the area have been given the opportunity to explore their skills in Sport, Performing Arts and Media. Throughout this experience, the children have learnt a variety of skills which have been designed to help them build on their knowlege and prepare them for secondary school.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Aghattha Villathor


My Summer School Diary:
Saturday
My first day at summer school was really fun at the start I felt really shy and nervous, At the end of the day I knew nearly all of the children at the summer school, they were all really kind, even the teachers (I thought they would be like our normal teachers at school  J ). At our first activity both groups (the performing arts and the sports) we did a bench activity where we had to go to A-Z and at our second activity we had 2 mats and we had to get to the other end of the hall without touching the floor. At our last activity we had to do a game called hand tangle, there were two groups, we had to someone with our right hand but they couldn’t be next to us and we had to do the same with the left.
After that we all went into our different groups in our sports group we did basketball and at the afternoon we did rugby. This day was really fun!!
Sunday
We did a lot of activities today such as volleyball in the morning and my partner Gracie was really funny to watch when she hits the ball, after that we did gymnastic and we had to do a shape in the air we also used the trampolines, after that we had to go over tall beams, we had to jump in the trampoline and then jump over it, then we had to do the same but we had to end in a rolly polly, after lunch we had a media lesson after that we played rounders.
Monday
On Monday we went to the Ridlins Stadium we did athletics such as high jump, running and long jump in the sand, after that we went back to Knights Templar  and there we did wheelchair basketball but I had to go back home because we were going on holiday already. Bye!
Tuesday
On Tuesday I didn’t go to summer school because I was still on holiday I had to be in the car for one hour just to go to Stonehenge and it was very boring, they were just some big rocks, after that we went to Dorset and I had to be in the car for another one hour and a half, we went to see the Durdle door the sight was very impressive.
Wednesday
On Wednesday I didn’t go to summer school again because I was in New Milton but I was going home in the afternoon.
Thursday
On Thursday I came back to summer school and we went back to Ridlins stadium to do athletics competition, the events were high jump and I came 4th in that event, then we had running events I came 2nd in the 400m race and I came first in the 100m race. YAY! Then we had long jump and I don’t know what place I came there but I think I came 2nd. Our final event was relay race and my team came 2nd at the first race but then we came 1st in the second relay race. YAY!! , then at the afternoon we had fitness and we had to go on gym bikes for 30 minutes. Soo tiring
Friday
On Friday we went to Bassingbourne to do some skiing and I kept falling over every time I tried to stop on the bottom of the hill, then we came back to Knights templar to eat our lunch then after that we had another media lesson, after that we had badminton and it was really fun !!
Saturday
On Saturday we had Tennis and that was my favourite event, then we had break and as soon as break ended we had cricket and then after that we played some dodge ball and it was really chaotic, after that we had lunch then at the afternoon we had trampollining.