Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Knights Templar Summer School's Blog. Gifted and Talented pupils from primary schools in the area have been given the opportunity to explore their skills in Sport, Performing Arts and Media. Throughout this experience, the children have learnt a variety of skills which have been designed to help them build on their knowlege and prepare them for secondary school.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Henry Skelding


My diary
Saturday: My first day at summer school. I enjoyed doing basketball today because I am really good at it. I scored lots of baskets, and in rugby I scored lots of tries. I had a really good day
Sunday: I started with volleyball but I wasn’t so keen on it but I was really looking forward to gym. In gym we jumped on the trampets and started to jump onto beams and jump off. As we progressed we started to leap frog the beams. Finally we dived over the beams and rolled on the mat once we had landed.
Monday: Today we drove over to Ridlins athletics track to practise running and jumping. I started with running and then I did high jump. I jumped the highest with 1 metre 20 centimetres then I ran 1500 metres in 6 minutes and 12 seconds.
Tuesday: Today we went on the minibus to go to the leisure centre in Letchworth. We got to swim free in the pool. Most of the time I jumped in! We also played dodge ball and rehearsed for the show on Sunday.
Wednesday: Our first activity was football. In football we played loads of fun games. When we got into a proper game unfortunately my team lost 2 or 3 nil but I still thought it was fun. Next was gym. In Gym we rehearsed the performance for Sunday (again!).
Thursday: Today we went on the minibus to go to Ridlins athletics track to do the competition that we were practising for on Monday. My favourite activity was the high jump that I won.
I had a really great week especially in Media.
Thanks for reading my diary