Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Knights Templar Summer School's Blog. Gifted and Talented pupils from primary schools in the area have been given the opportunity to explore their skills in Sport, Performing Arts and Media. Throughout this experience, the children have learnt a variety of skills which have been designed to help them build on their knowlege and prepare them for secondary school.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Ashley Gally Gallthard

My Summer School Diary:
Saturday ‘My first day at summer school’
On my first day at summer school, my favourite activity was a game called ‘waking the dead’. We all lied down and turned the lights off then ‘awoke’ the people lying down till that everyone but one person was ‘awake’ then we all scared the other one by shouting at her to wake up.
Sunday
On my second day at summer school, my favourite activity was the comedy dance. We did funny actions and movements. My favourite part of the dance was the boxing.
Monday
On my third day at summer school, my favourite activity was drama. We did lots of drama games and activities.
Tuesday
On my fourth day at summer school, my favourite activity was more drama games like ‘heads up’. We had to look up and when they said ‘3, 2, 1! ’ you had to look at someone else in the room, if they were looking at you as well then you would be out and so would they.
Wednesday
On my fifth day at summer school, my favourite activity was our dance with year 11s. It was a dance about war. We all had to choose a teacher (one of the year 11s) to teach us the dance. After that we had a competition whose group was the best without the year 11’s helping us. The group I was in won!
 Thursday
On my sixth day at summer school, my favourite activity was finishing off the final touches to our musical songs: ‘good morning Baltimore’ from hairspray and ‘be back soon’ from Oliver. We also did more drama games with Miss Wadsworth because it was her last day working with us.
Friday
On my seventh day at summer school, my favourite activity was playing a drama game called ‘battle ships’ but Mrs Cowan calls it the ‘mafia’ game.
Saturday
On my eighth day at summer school, my favourite activity was drama because we got to try it in the hall.
Sunday
On my last day at summer school, my favourite activity was doing the performance to the parents! I also enjoyed media when we finished our diaries.
Thank you for reading my diary and thanks to all the leaders that helped make this the BEST WEEK EVER!
By Ashling Galley-Coulthard J